Pakistan, India discuss security, terror and Kashmir in Bangkok
The foreign secretaries of the two countries were also present in the meeting in Thai capital.
National Security Advisor Lt Gen (r) Nasir Janjua and his Indian counterpart Ajit Doval discussed other issues including tranquillity along the Line of Control.
The NSA-level meeting comes days after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and India PM Narendra Modi met briefly in Paris during climate summit.
"The two sides were guided by the vision of the two leaders for a peaceful, stable and prosperous south Asia," a joint statement released after the meeting said.
The discussions were held in candid, cordial and constructive atmosphere, read the statement.
The two sides agreed to carry forward the constructive engagement.
The meeting is a major breakthrough given that the two sides had engaged in mutual blame game earlier in September this year resulting in cancellation of the NSA-level talks and stalling the interaction process as was agreed by both the prime ministers in July in Russian city of Ufa.
- Shaukat Tarin presents Federal Finance Bill 2021-22 in Pakistan’s ...06:53 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Govt employees reject 10% increase in salaries, ...06:03 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Pakistan unveils budget for defence, interior ...05:46 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Maya Ali all set to launch her clothing line02:27 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021