Second polio case surfaced in Karachi within 3 months
This time the crippling disease has hit a five-month-old boy, belong to an Afghan family in Gadap’s Union Council-4, reported local media quoting an official of provincial health ministry.
Officials claimed that the boy had been administered the anti-polio vaccine, adding that the virus had attacked the boy affecting both legs. The officials saw a weak immune system as a major cause. The victim has been identified as Zaibullah, son of Ghulam Sakhi.
The first case in three months surfaced in Karachi when the virus attacked a seven-year-old boy, who also hailed from an Afghan family. The parents of the child had refused to vaccinate him. Earlier, a case reported in Sindh in October 2016.
- Student kidnapped by ex-fiancé in Lahore found in Arifwala10:51 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Pakistani professor makes it to list of top 100 scientists in medicine10:11 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Shehbaz warns Imran against 'instigating civil war'09:01 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Is Aamir Liaquat getting ready for fourth marriage? Here’s all you ...07:49 PM | 22 May, 2022
- FAKE NEWS: Fact-check shows no Riphah University student raped, ...07:21 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Mira Sethi’s smoking photo goes viral02:35 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video in saree goes viral01:33 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Anmol Baloch’s new bold photo draws severe criticism11:25 AM | 22 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022