Gwadar Port free zone area must be utilised for transit trade, underlines Pakistan president (VIDEO)
GWADAR – President Dr Arif Alvi has underlined the need to utilise Gwadar Port free zone area for transit trade with Afghanistan and Balochistan in addition to Karachi ports.
Saying that the speedy flow of traffic at Gwadar port must be ensured, the president urged the authorities to accelerate development activities and remove any hindrances in this regard through consensus-building and consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
He gave these remarks at a briefing on progress work about the Master Plan of Gawadar city and operationalization of Gwadar Port, at Gawadar, on Wednesday.
He was briefed by Chairman Gwadar Port Authority (GPA), Naseer Khan Kashani and Director General Gwadar Development Authority (GDA), Shahzaib Khan Kakar regarding development works on Gwadar Port and Gwadar city respectively.
The President said that strategy and vision were essential for the successful completion and operationalization of national projects like Gwadar port. He lamented the slow pace of development in Gwadar in the past and underscored the need for timely completion of all infrastructure and industry related projects on the port as per the given timelines.
The President was briefed about the 19 km Eastbay Expressway along the port which will connect with the Coastal Highway and help carry cargo without disturbing the local population of Gwadar. He was also briefed about the 60 acres free zone area in Gwadar which will include recreational facilities, hospitals, schools and multiple industries.
President Dr. Arif Alvi appreciated GDA and GPA for their briefing on Master plan of Gwadar City and Gwadar Port and urged both the organizations to expedite the work on port as well as city in Gwadar. He advised both the organizations that the needs of local fishermen should also be accounted for in the Master Plan. He also thanked the Chinese Government for constructing state-of-the-art China Business Center (CBC) in Gwadar.
The meeting was also attended by Balochistan Revenue Minister, Saleem Khosa, Balochistan Minister for Religious Affairs, Lala Rasheed, MPA, Noor Mohammad Dummat and others.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:48 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 09 August 202208:39 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui set to host 'Pakistani version of Bigg Boss'11:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Neizens troll Sajal Aly for playing Fatimah Jinnah in 'Madar-e-Millat'10:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Sana Javed delights fans with stunning pictures05:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Sonya Hussayn gears up for empowered character in new project09:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022