How will Sharifs' supporters react to possible conviction in Avenfield case? Intelligence report reveals surprising response of PML-N
Amid the uncertainty, an intelligence department has gauged the expected response from the supporters of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on the unfavourable verdict.
Special branch in its report to the Punjab government said that the workers of the party would remain calm and would not take to the streets if their leader is convicted in the case, local media reported, citing sources.
The Avenfield reference pertains to the Park Lane apartments (flats 16, 16-A, 17, and 17-A Avenfield House, Park Lane, London, United Kingdom) of the Sharif family, involving former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his three children - Hassan, Hussain and Maryam - and son-in-law Capt (r) Safdar as the accused.
Avenfield reference verdict: Nawaz Sharif, Maryam ... 09:50 AM | 6 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court handed a 10 year sentence and £8 million (Rs1.29 billion) to Pakistan's former ...
Judge Mohammad Bashir has reserved verdict over the Sharifs plea to delay the verdict and announced it on later today. If the petition is rejected, the court will announce the verdict in the Avenfield case today, deciding the political fate of the PML-N.
Islamabad police officials and Paramilitary troops deputed at the Federal Judicial Complex, where the court is located. The roads leading to the complex have also been closed to traffic.
Moreover, the district administration has imposed Section 144 in the capital to discourage mass gatherings.
If convicted, the accused can face up to a 14-year imprisonment and lifelong disqualification from holding public offices, as well as the freezing of bank accounts and assets.
- India refuses visas to Pakistan blind cricket team for T20 World Cup12:45 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not start for Portugal in match against ...12:25 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Achraf Hakimi helps Morocco knock Spain out of World Cup on penalties12:02 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan to hold next general election in October 2023 after digital ...11:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- The Legend of Maula Jatt now available for movie lovers in England10:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Bohemia beats Aima Baig in Go-karting08:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Man who stole Lady Gaga's dogs sentenced to 21 years in prison09:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022