Powerful being held accountable for the first time in Pakistan, says Imran Khan after Avenfield verdict
Addressing a rally in Sawat, PTI chief said the children of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif had given contradictory statements previously about owning apartments in London.
Imran Khan said that Nawaz's son had accepted ownership of the London properties on television, adding that July 26 will see the dawn of a 'new Pakistan'.
Avenfield reference verdict: Nawaz Sharif, Maryam ... 09:50 AM | 6 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court handed a 10 year sentence and £8 million (Rs1.29 billion) to Pakistan's former ...
Imran also lamented the lodging of several cases against him in a bid to silence his struggle in exposing the Sharif family's corruption.
Claiming that Nawaz and Pakistan Peoples Party chief Asif Zardari destroyed state institutions, Imran said he joined politics to rid the country of corruption.
Avenfield verdict: Maryam, Captain Safdar barred ... 04:32 PM | 6 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The accountability court in Islamabad has barred Maryam Nawaz, the former first daughter, and her ...
Khan also recounted his struggle to get the Sharifs convicted since the Panama Papers first surfaced in 2016. He said the parliament failed to do anything and the matter had to be taken to the Supreme Court after PTI's protests.
Drawing attention to the human development carried out in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa during PTI's tenure, the cricketer-turned-politician said the other provinces wanted to model their police, health and education system along KP's example.
- Nawaz Sharif gets 10 years in prison, Maryam seven, and Capt (r) Safdar one year
- The ex-PM ordered to pay a fine of £8 million (Rs1.29 billion)
- Maryam Nawaz barred from contesting elections for next 10 years
- Avenfield properties to be sealed on court orders
- Perpetual arrest warrants issued for Sharif’s two sons – Hassan and Hussain
- The much-awaited verdict was announced at 04:30pm, after delayed for fourth time
- Accountability judge dismisses Nawaz Sharif’s plea to postpone the decision
- Strict security arrangements in place at Islamabad’s Federal Judicial Complex
- PML-N workers to remain calm, according to an intelligence report
- COAS Bajwa visits Baloch Regimental Centre Abbottabad07:18 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Islamabad, parts of KP06:50 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 9-year-old Dalit girl raped, murdered by Hindu priest, three others ...06:17 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Nazir Chohan parts ways with Jahangir Tareen-led PTI faction05:41 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Sarah Khan flaunts baby bump in new photos03:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021