Qatar to procure products, services for FIFA Cup 2022 from Pakistan
“As Qatar is preparing for hosting FIFA World Cup 2022, substantial scope exists for procurement of goods and services from Pakistan,” the minister said while addressing the Pakistan-Qatar Business Conference.
Pakistan-Qatar Business Conference which held in Islamabad was attended by businessmen from different sectors of the economy from Qatar and Pakistan to explore ways and means for enhancing trade cooperation between the two brotherly countries.
The minister also suggested the formation of a joint working group on trade and investment for regular interaction; He stressed for enhancing the volume of bilateral trade.
He said that Pakistan’s exports to Qatar have shown an increase of 80 percent in 2017-18 but in value terms, it was only an increase of 37 million dollars.
Speaking on the occasion, Qatari Minister for Economy and Commerce, Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani said that currently there were about 851 companies operating in Qatar jointly owned by Pakistanis and Qataris in various fields of economy.
He expressed the hope that the current business conference would pave way for many mutual agreements beneficial for both the countries.
"Qatar is open to Pakistani investors who would be welcomed to invest in different sectors, particularly in Hamad Seaport." said Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim.
- Sindh reimposes restrictions from Monday amid spike in Covid cases05:38 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021