Mohammad Agency attack: Funeral prayers of soldiers offered in Peshawar
According to the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Pervez Khattak, Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra, Corps Commandar Lieutenant General Nazir Ahmed Butt and other civil and military officials attended the prayers. The martyrs will be buried in their respective native areas.
On Sunday terrorists from across the border attempted a physical attack on three Pakistan Border Posts in Mohmand Agency. Effective presence, vigilance and response repulsed terrorists’ attack. However, in the exchange of fire 5 soldiers, including Naik Sanaullah, Naik Safdar, Sepoy Altaf, Sepoy Nek Muhammad and Sepoy Anwar embraced martyrdom. Over 10 terrorists are reported to have been killed.
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa appreciated the response by Pakistani troops to last night cross border terrorists' attack in Mohmand Agency. He emphasised the need for physical presence on Afghan side of the border for matching and effective border security.
The Army chief added that terrorists were a common threat and must be denied freedom of movement/action along the border.
Expressing grief on loss of precious lives, COAS hailed the sacrifice made by "brave sons of soil".
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022