Finger Lickin' Good: KFC launches edible chicken-flavored nail polish
The limited-edition nail polishes made exclusively for KFC Hong Kong come in two flavors, Original Recipe and Hot & Spicy, which are shades of pale nude and fiery orange, respectively, the Mail Online reported.
The chain's ad firm, Ogilvy & Mather, worked together with spice company McCormick, the source of KFC's legendary 11 secret herbs and spices, to create nail polish that tastes of Original recipe and Hot & Spicy chicken.
"The recipe for our edible nail polish is unique and was specifically designed to hold the flavor, but to also dry with a glossy coat similar to normal nail polish," Ogilvy creative director John Koay said. "This campaign is designed to increase excitement around the KFC brand in Hong Kong."
According to the company's statement, the 'nail polish was created as a tribute to the world famous "It's Finger Lickin' Good" slogan'.
And while they may be inspired by fast-food fried chicken, the polishes come in luxurious glass bottles and boxes that would be right at home at any make-up counter.
The company also created a music video to coincide with the launch. The clip sees a young woman, who is modeling the Original Recipe polish, beatboxing and playing the keyboard.
Her male companion in the video shows off his Hot & Spicy manicure by expressively moving his hands and arms to the music.
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- 19-year-old Shehroze Kashif becomes youngest Pakistani to summit ...11:24 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021