Pakistan vows to continue efforts for cooperative environment in region
She said this in her speech at the 45th session OIC Council of Foreign Ministers in Dhaka, Bangladesh with the theme "Islamic values for sustainable peace, solidarity and development".
Tehmina Janjua reiterated Pakistan's commitment to continue efforts to achieve this goal.
She said development is closely linked with peace and security and our efforts towards sustainable development must be synchronized with efforts for lasting peace.
Referring to the long-standing unresolved disputes of Kashmir and Palestine, she said it is vital to unify our ranks and evolve an effective strategy to ensure that the universally recognized ideals of liberty, freedom and justice are accorded to the people of Palestine and Kashmir.
She stressed that the Muslim world should overcome their political differences, invest smartly in their people, promote science and technology and muster the political will to shape words into actions.
The foreign secretary also highlighted Pakistan's sacrifices in the war against terrorism and its unique distinction and achievements in controlling this scourge.
Tehmina Janjua emphasized that OIC fraternity must redouble its efforts to coordinate more closely and reach out to important constituencies in the Western world to halt the negative developments that are aimed at defaming our religion.
She said Pakistan expresses full solidarity with the Rohingya Muslims and joins the international community in reiterating its strong condemnation of brutal violence and denial of legitimate rights of the Rohingyas.
About Afghanistan, the foreign secretary said Pakistan is deeply concerned over continued strife and instability in Afghanistan as peace and stability in that country is in the best interest of the region.
She said Pakistan is closely working with the Afghan Government and the international community for reconciliation and peace in Afghanistan and fully supports Afghan President Ashraf Ghani's initiative for dialogue with Taliban.
Both agreed to further strengthen bilateral relations in diverse fields.
She also met Senegal Foreign Minister Sidiki Kaba and discussed matters of mutual interest.
- Relatives of PM’s wife turn out to be bail guarantors in Hamza ...11:55 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 11 – Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars set for ...11:35 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-February-28- ...11:20 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 February 202111:05 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistani lookalike of Aishwarya Rai goes viral (VIDEO)10:45 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Indians boycott 'Spider-Man' over anti-Modi tweet11:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021