Pak Army professional competence acknowledged globally: General Raheel
"We have to strive hard to maintain that level and keep improving our combat efficiency and that is only possible through rigorous training," he made these remarks while witnessing the concluding ceremony of third physical Agility and Combat Efficiency Championship held near Attock.
`According to ISPR, all teams participated with extra ordinary vigor and demonstrated highest level of motivation, agility and physical fitness.
Emphasizing on the need of physical fitness for a soldier, the COAS appreciated the phenomenal performance, competitive spirit and efforts of both trainers and trainees in achieving remarkable standards.
He said, physical fitness helps in improving self-confidence and competence of a soldier, adding, it is
heartening to note that Pakistan Army soldiers are way above the international standards laid-down to judge the physical efficiency.
He appreciated the soldiers setting new records and encouraged them to participate in national and international events. He emphasized that focused training is the heart and soul of combat readiness and contributes positively towards success on the battlefield.
General Raheel Sharif also awarded trophies to winner and runner up teams and medals for best individual performances. Sepoy Ali Raza was declared overall best player of the Championship, whereas Sepoy Muhammad Waqas and Sepoy Sabir Hussain secured second and third positions respectively.
Four new records were set in PACES compete ton. Sepoy Abdul Qadeer set new record in 3.2 KM run by covering it in 9.52 minutes. Sepoy Sabir did 4575 sit ups in given time to set new record. Sepoy Faizullah did 62 pull ups and Sepoy Abrar did 3,800 push up to set new records.
Earlier on arrival, the COAS was received by Lt Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa, Inspector General Training and Evaluation.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021