Several Pakistani banks' data hacked in recent cyber attack: FIA
Talking to a private news channel, Director of FIA Cyber-Crimes wing Captain (retd) Mohammad Shoaib said that several banks came under the recent attack on the Pakistani banking system.
He commented after Group-IB, a global cybersecurity firm specialising in the financial sector, claimed that hackers had put a new dump of Pakistani credit and debit cards in dark web markets for sale.
The director said that over 100 cases have been registered regarding the cyber attack, adding that the agency has also busted an international gang in October.
He added that the FIA has summoned the representatives of the banks in questions to discuss the prevailing situation.
Banks are required to make the cyber security foolproof, he said, adding that the banks are responsible if any data breach incident happened.
A report claimed that around 19,864 debit and credit cards of 22 banks were sold on dark web forums. The price of the card ranged from $100-160.
Last week, multiple major Pakistani banks suspended debit cards international transactions facility after another rumoured dump of debit and credit cards was leaked on the dark web.
Pakistani travellers left cash strapped as major ... 02:41 PM | 3 Nov, 2018
LAHORE — Multiple major Pakistani banks have suspended debit cards international transactions facility after another ...
In a text message sent to customers, the banks informed, “Due to system maintenance and security precaution your debit card has been temporarily disabled for international ATM cash withdrawal, POS and e-commerce.”
In October, a staggering $6 million were reportedly stolen from the accounts of Pakistan’s Bank Islami, in what appears to be the biggest security breach in the history of the country.
Bank Islami's $6 million stolen in Pakistan's ... 01:10 PM | 29 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - A staggering $6 million were reportedly stolen from the accounts of Pakistan's Bank Islami, in what ...
The breach was reported to the State bank of Pakistan late Saturday following which it issued a press release stating that the said bank has temporarily restricted usage of its cards for overseas transactions.
- NBP closes one of four Bangladesh branches11:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shaheen Afridi pays his respect to Lala for wishing him success10:07 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: Diamond Paints clinch title09:20 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021