Serena, McDonald’s among top hotels where unhygienic chicken meat found: Senate Standing Committee told
A meeting of Senate Standing Committee on Health took place in Islamabad where these shocking revelations surfaced.
District Health Officer Agha Najeeb informed the committee chairman Sajjad Hussain that meat of dead or unhygienic chickens is used in all big hotels, including Serena, Marriott, Savour Foods, McDonald's, Al Habibi Restaurant, and others.
He added that teams recovered meat stored for months from the stores of these hotels and tried to seal them but they could not take action against them due their political influence.
On the other hand, Senator Mian Attique took up the issue of using urea fertilizer, detergent powder in milk and suggested to call a meeting of Pakistan Dairy Association to settle the issue. Representatives of district administration also informed that 25,000 litres of milk has been wasted due to adulteration.
The Senate committee meeting also postponed the bill regarding smoking till the next huddle as the information of legislation was not completed.
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- China rubbishes G7 criticism, says 'small' group can't decide world's ...09:01 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Karachi Kings08:39 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Man with ‘world’s largest family’ dies in India08:24 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Traffic warden in viral video wins PM Imran's heart08:03 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021