Serena, McDonald’s among top hotels where unhygienic chicken meat found: Senate Standing Committee told
A meeting of Senate Standing Committee on Health took place in Islamabad where these shocking revelations surfaced.
District Health Officer Agha Najeeb informed the committee chairman Sajjad Hussain that meat of dead or unhygienic chickens is used in all big hotels, including Serena, Marriott, Savour Foods, McDonald's, Al Habibi Restaurant, and others.
He added that teams recovered meat stored for months from the stores of these hotels and tried to seal them but they could not take action against them due their political influence.
On the other hand, Senator Mian Attique took up the issue of using urea fertilizer, detergent powder in milk and suggested to call a meeting of Pakistan Dairy Association to settle the issue. Representatives of district administration also informed that 25,000 litres of milk has been wasted due to adulteration.
The Senate committee meeting also postponed the bill regarding smoking till the next huddle as the information of legislation was not completed.
- All 'unnecessary movement' restricted in Karachi after 6pm as Covid ...12:47 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan amicably repatriates 46 Afghan soldiers who crossed border ...12:24 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan to receive 4.2mn doses of Chinese Covid vaccines today11:43 AM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan's first-ever ‘Nishan-e-Haider’ recipient Capt. Sarwar ...11:21 AM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Shehroze Kashif becomes youngest Pakistani to scale K210:45 AM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 52nd birthday with Ben Affleck04:36 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani bride's super dancing entry goes viral (VIDEO)03:37 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic breaks the internet with new beach photo03:15 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021