Pakistan will not leave Kashmiris alone or at mercy of circumstances, says COAS Bajwa
He was addressing the main ceremony in connection with Defence and Martyrs Day at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi on Friday.
The Army Chief said a peaceful and strong Pakistan is our destination and we are steadfastly moving towards that end.
He said the country's armed forces ensured the security of the motherland by rendering sacrifices both in the conventional war and fight against terrorism.
General Qamar Javed Bajwa voiced serious concern over the prevailing situation in occupied Kashmir. He said Kashmiri population is the victim of the oppression and tyranny of India's Hindutava government.
He said Kashmir is an unfinished agenda of the realization of Pakistan and it will remain so until the outstanding dispute is resolved in accordance with the UN Security Council resolutions and aspirations of Kashmiri people.
The Army Chief assured the Kashmiri people that Pakistan will not leave them alone or at the mercy of circumstances. He said the hearts of both Pakistanis and Kashmiris beat together.
He said the valiant people and armed forces of Pakistan are ready to sacrifice anything for their Kashmiri brethern. Kashmir is our jugular vein. We will fulfill our commitment towards Kashmir till last bullet, soldier and breath.
He said Pakistan will go to any extent in support of oppressed Kashmiri people.
The Army Chief said Pakistan has played a very positive role for regional peace and stability.
He said Pakistan has strived for peace and stability in Afghanistan and will continue these efforts in future as well.
He said our complete cooperation in the ongoing Afghan reconciliation process reflects our mindset.
- Pakistan reports 76 deaths, over 4,000 new COVID infections amid ...09:35 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 July 202108:46 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Welsh slate is now on list of Unesco World Heritage Sites12:56 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- July 29, 1958 -- On this day in history US set up NASA12:43 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Nora Fatehi’s belly dance moves in ‘Zaalima Coca Cola’ set ...04:04 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Mehrooz Waseem hits back, accuses Usman Mukhtar of harassment03:48 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali's colourful birthday celebrations go viral03:34 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021