COAS Bajwa, Russian Deputy Defence Minister discuss security cooperation
RAWALPINDI - Russian Deputy Minister for Defence, Colonel General Alexander V Fomin called on Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa in Rawalpindi on Tuesday.
Regional security situation and matters of mutual interest, including enhancement of bilateral defence and security cooperation, were discussed.
The Russian Deputy Defence Minister expressed his appreciation for Pakistan Army's achievements against terrorism.
He also stressed for greater cooperative and collaborative approach among the global community to defeat extremism.
First Session of Russia-Pakistan Joint Military Consultative Committee held in Rawalpindi
Meanwhile, the first Session of Russia-Pakistan Joint Military Consultative Committee (JMCC) was held at the Ministry of Defence in Rawalpindi on Tuesday, during which both sides exchanged views on bilateral and major international issues including the situation in the Middle East and Afghanistan.
The JMCC is the highest forum of defence collaboration between Pakistan and Russian Federation.
The Secretary Defence Lt. General (retd) Zamir ul Hassan Shah represented Pakistan in the inaugural meeting of the JMCC while the Deputy Defence Minister of the Russian Federation Colonel General Alexander V. Fomin along with his delegation represented Russia.
A comprehensive issue based review was also carried out during which the two Countries expressed satisfaction on the milestones achieved since the signing of ground-breaking agreement on defence cooperation in 2014.
The two sides also held in-depth discussions on avenues of future cooperation.
In the end, both Countries signed the Contract on Admission of Service Members of Pakistan in RF’s Training Institutes.
Prior to the inaugural meeting, the visiting dignitary called on the Defence Minister Lt. General (retd) Naeem Khalid Lodhi and the Secretary Defence Lt. General (retd) Zamir ul Hassan Shah.
During the calls, the two sides discussed the present status of their bilateral defence relations with the aim to further strengthen, expand and diversify mutual cooperation.
The Russian Deputy Defence Minister Colonel General Alexander V. Fomin along with his delegation is on a two-day visit to Pakistan. During the visit, he is also scheduled to meet Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee and the three Service Chiefs.
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- FBR directed to stop menace of fake and flying invoices10:10 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020