Taliban, politicians agree not to allow terror groups to use Afghan soil for attacks
In a joint statement issued after the negotiations, they also agreed to support peace talks in Doha with American negotiators.
It was the second time President Ashraf Ghani was frozen out of such talks in recent weeks after the US held entirely separate discussions with the insurgents in Doha without Kabul.
The gathering agreed on future talks ensuring a durable and dignified peace for the people of Afghanistan.
The nine-point statement issued on behalf of all parties also agreed on the complete withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan.
Earlier, the Taliban hailed two days of unprecedented talks with Afghan politicians as very successful despite disagreements over women's rights and their demands for an Islamic constitution.
Both sides said they had agreed in principle to a framework on two fundamental issues — that the Taliban would not allow terror groups to use Afghan soil for attacks, and that the US would withdraw its troops from Afghanistan.
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020