Say NO to drug users getting education? Drug screening for students seeking admissions recommended by Senate Committee
The meeting of the Senate body was held at Parliament House here the other day and was presided over by PPP Senator Rehman Malik.
Awami National Party Senator Shahi Syed told the media that many students become drug addicts when their colleagues do so in the colleges and universities.
He recommended medical test of students at the time of admission to educational institutions for curbing drugs trend among the students. He said fighting drug addiction was as important as fighting terrorism.
Anti-Narcotics Force DG General Khawar Hanif briefed the committee about the situation of narcotics in the country and furnished data in this regard.
- Shehbaz Sharif lastly breaks silence on resignation rumours01:59 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Over 23mn children to be vaccinated against polio in nationwide ...01:13 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021