US praises Pakistan for sacrifices in war on terror
This was stated by senior officials of Obama administration during a press briefing at White House in Washington.
They welcomed Army Chief General Raheel Sharif's recent remarks in which he had said that Pakistan's territory will not be used for terrorist activities in Afghanistan and in return Afghanistan should do the same for Pakistan.
The US officials said that previously Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had also conveyed to President Obama earlier that Pakistan's territory will not be allowed to be used for terrorist attacks against its neighbors.
They said that General Raheel's Wednesday speech was very significant wherein he issued instructions to law enforcement agencies to ensure that Pakistan's territory was not being used to launch terrorist attacks in Afghanistan.
The statement came after a top level US delegation visited Pakistan's tribal areas, where the country's armed forces are conducting an anti-terrorism operation since 2014. Senator John McCain was leading the delegation.
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022