US praises Pakistan for sacrifices in war on terror
This was stated by senior officials of Obama administration during a press briefing at White House in Washington.
They welcomed Army Chief General Raheel Sharif's recent remarks in which he had said that Pakistan's territory will not be used for terrorist activities in Afghanistan and in return Afghanistan should do the same for Pakistan.
The US officials said that previously Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had also conveyed to President Obama earlier that Pakistan's territory will not be allowed to be used for terrorist attacks against its neighbors.
They said that General Raheel's Wednesday speech was very significant wherein he issued instructions to law enforcement agencies to ensure that Pakistan's territory was not being used to launch terrorist attacks in Afghanistan.
The statement came after a top level US delegation visited Pakistan's tribal areas, where the country's armed forces are conducting an anti-terrorism operation since 2014. Senator John McCain was leading the delegation.
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022