PM Imran once again emphasized creation of public awareness about severity of COVID-19, importance of SOPs
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has said Pakistan is among the pioneers of smart lockdown strategy, coupled with strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) against coronavirus pandemic.
In series of tweets on Saturday evening, the prime minister appealed to civil society, media, Ulema & tiger force to create awareness amongst the public of COVID19's severity & the need to strictly observe SOPs.
world has discovered is smart lockdown which allows for economic activity with SOPs. We are amongst pioneers of this approach.I appeal to civil society, media, Ulema & our tiger force to create awareness amongst the public of COVID19's severity & the need to strictly observe SOPs— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) June 6, 2020
The Prime Minister observed that a lockdown meant collapse of the economy and a steep rise in poverty in poor country, crushing the poor as has happened in India.
The Prime Ministers said the world has discovered the smart lockdown as the only strategy to contain the contagion besides continuing the economic activity with certain SOPs in place.
He said it is dilemma that On the one hand the masses are not taking the COVID19 pandemic seriously & on the other, understandably, the frontline doctors & health professionals are facing great risk.
The prime minister appealed to the civil society, media, Ulema and the tiger force ‘to create awareness amongst the public about severity of the pandemic.
- Smart lockdown lifted in seven localities of Lahore as coronavirus ...12:57 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Met forecasts very hot, humid weather in most parts of country11:42 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Smart lockdown imposed in seven UCs in Karachi till July 1811:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus affecting worldwide peace and security: UN10:01 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 225,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,619 confirmed ...09:47 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020