4 dead, 19 injured as freight train collides with bus near Pattoki
According to police officials, the accident took place due to the negligence of Pakistan Railways gatekeeper as the Lunda Phatak railway crossing was left open while the freight train was approaching.
Rescue workers said that at least seven of the injured were in serious condition were referred to Lahore's Jinnah Hospital by the local medics.
Meanwhile, Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique has directed Railways authorities to immediately arrest the gateman, Mubashar Hussain, and his in-charge. A case has also been registered against the two.
The minister also announced a compensation amount of Rs3 lakh for the families of the each dead victim and Rs1 lakh for every injured.
- Mohammad Amir, Harbhajan Singh exchange barbs during heated Twitter ...03:36 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh win toss and opt to bat first against ...02:58 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan forms committee to probe Shoaib Akhtar-Dr Nauman’s ...02:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan gets emotional on SRK and Gauri Khan’s 30th wedding ...09:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021