4 killed, 13 injured as twin blasts hit Jaffar Express near Machh
The rescue teams and law enforcement agencies reached the blast and rushed the injured and dead bodies to the Mach hospital. The death toll is expected to soar.
Levies personnel said the nature of the blasts was being ascertained, however, the initial findings suggested that both blasts were planted devices.
A section of the Mach railway track, the engine of the Jaffar Express and a passenger van of the train were also damaged as a result.
None of the militant groups active in Balochistan province has so far claimed responsibility for the blasts.
Jaffar Express is a daily express train service between Quetta and Rawalpindi. It has been named after Mir Jaffar Khan Jamali –a Baloch tribal head who was an active worker of Pakistan movement and a close friend of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
Former Prime Minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali inauguarated the train service on April 16, 2003.
- T20 World Cup: Scotland to face Afghanistan today03:23 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities over the moon after Pakistan’s historic triumph over ...01:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Hilarious memes flood Twitter after Pakistan end losing streak ...12:58 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- IHC terms TikTok ban as ‘violation of constitutional rights’12:35 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani stars excited for Pak-India T20 World Cup clash07:37 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021