Pakistan to observe 11th anniversary of October 8, 2005 deadly earthquake
In Azad Kashmir, collective prayers will be held in all the quake hit districts of Azad Kashmir. One minute silence will also be observed at 08:53 am.
Flag will be hoisted half-mast on all public buildings of the state to mark the anniversary in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
In Muzaffarabad, special prayer ceremony will be held where AJK Prime Minister Raja Farooq Haider Khan would laid floral wreath at the monument of martyrs.
And in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, special functions have also been arranged to pay homage to those killed and injured in the fatal earthquake.
“Besides, special functions in various parts of AJK to pay glorious tributes to the victims of the killer catastrophe and to raise awareness among the people about adoption of per cautionary measures to avert the losses in case of any natural catastrophe, will be the hall mark of the 11th anniversary of the deadly earthquake which had turned bulk of AJK into rubble this day 11 years ago”, the sources told APP.
The 7.6 magnitude quake killed more than 73,000 people, wounded 128,000 and left around 3.5 million homeless
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021