SHC orders AD Khawaja to continue to serve as IG Sindh
KARACHI - Sindh High Court (SHC) while dismissing Sindh government orders for removing Inspector General (IG) Sindh Allah Dino (A.D) Khawaja has ordered that he will continue to serve on his post
A two members bench of SHC headed by Justice Muneeb Akhtar announced verdict on Thursday which was reserved on May 30 following completion of arguments in respect of petition filed against suspension of AD Khawaja.
The court also ordered that full powers for appointment of police officers would rest with AD Khawaja.
Sindh government on April 01 had written a letter to federal government with regard to handing over the services of AD Khawaja to federation. The provincial government had also proposed three names including Sardar Abdul Majid Dasti, Khadim Hussain Bhatti and Ghulam Qadir for this post.
On the next day of dispatch of letter to Islamabad, Sindh government while handing over the services of AD Khawaja to federation had appointed Sardar Abdul Majid of grade-21 officer as acting IG Sindh.
Later head of PILER Karamat Ali had filed appeal in SHC against removal of AD Khawaja as IG Sindh by Sindh government.
Sindh cabinet approves ouster of IG Sindh AD ... 06:25 PM | 5 Apr, 2017
KARACHI: On Wednesday Sindh Cabinet gave approval for the removal of Inspector General of Sindh police AD Khawaja. ...
During the hearing of the petition SHC had suspended Sindh government notification and ordered AD Khawaja to continue to work till the decision of the case.
AD Khawaja was appointed as IG Sindh after dismissal of Ghulam Haider Jamali during March 2016. AD Khawaja continued to lose ruling party PPP support for not complying with certain specific orders.
When announcement was made to make appointments in police department then AD Khawaja set up committee to ensure merit in the appointments. This committee also included Corps five of army and representatives of Citizens Police liaison committee.
This step by AD Khawaja displeased ruling party parliamentarians who wanted their share in these appointments so that they could please their voters before the next general polls.
Sindh government sent AD Khawaja on forced leave to home in December 2016. Sources said Sindh government wants to remove AD Khawaja but federal government is opposed to this step.
SHC had issued stay order and restrained the Sindh government from sending AD Khawaja on forced leave. AD Khawaja had resumed his duties in January 2017.
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020