FIA offloads ‘front-man of Sharifs' from Dubai-bound flight
Muhammad Mushtaq alias Chini – manager of Ramzan Sugar Mills – was barred by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) from boarding as his name was on the Exit Control List (ECL).
His arrest comes amid a probe into the Ramzan Sugar Mills scam by the country’s anti-corruption watchdog.
Mushtaq is accused of illegally transferring millions into the bank account of Salman Shahbaz – the elder brother of Punjab Assembly Opposition Leader Hamza Shahbaz.
On the other hand, a spokesperson of the Sharif family disowned Muhammad Mushtaq and said he was never a manager of the Ramzan Sugar Mills.
“The man [Mushtaq] was never even an employee of the Sharif family."
"Sharif family's media trial is an ill-intentioned and regrettable step. The purpose of issuing such one-sided statements without any investigation is character assassination," the spokesperson added.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) is already investigating Shehbaz Sharif and his younger son Hamza in the sugar mills scam. The PML-N president, in the capacity of chief minister of the province, is accused of issuing a directive to construct a drain in Chiniot district chiefly to benefit the sugar mills owned by his sons.
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Lt Gen Nigar Johar becomes first woman colonel commandant of Pakistan ...11:18 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- US President Biden invites PM Imran to virtual summit on democracy10:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Karachi Zoo director removed after rare white lion dies of negligence09:52 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Punjab governor meets members of Scottish Parliament09:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021