Security around US consulates beefed up ahead of protests over Trump's Jerusalem move
The roads leading to American Consulates have been blocked by containers whereas strict security measurements have also been ensured to avoid any untoward situation.
In the federal capital, the Jamaat-e-Islami will show demonstrations at Aabpara, the Majlis-e-Wahdatul Muslimeen in G-6 and lawyers at the F-8 district courts.
Meanwhile, in Rawalpindi, a protest will be taken out at Choor Chowk.
In Karachi, the Majlis-e-Wahdatul Muslimeen will stage a protest in Nazimabad, the Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) in Banaras, Tanzeem-e-Islami at the Karachi Press Club and the Islami Jamiat-e-Talba (IJT) at North Nazimabad.
Trump officially recognises Jerusalem as Israel's ... 11:16 PM | 6 Dec, 2017
WASHINGTON - The United States recognised the holy city of Jerusalem as the capital of the illegal state of Israel, ...
The religious parties led by Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) will be holding a protest in front of the American Consulate.
Moreover, Hafiz Saeed's Jamaatud Dawa (JuD) will take out a protest at Chauburji.
Similarly, lawyers' bodies will take out a protest at GPO Chowk on Mall Road, located next to the Lahore High Court.
In Peshawar, the Difa-e-Pakistan Council, an amalgamation of religious parties, will take out a protest outside the Peshawar Press Club while the JI will protest outside the Mahabat Khan Mosque and Islami Jamiat-e-Talaba (IJT) on Kohat Road.
Earlier, JI chief Sirajul Haq said that the decision was likely to cause tensions in the Muslim world and that Trump was putting world peace at risk with such decisions.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan also denounced the move and expressed that it was a move to stir chaos in Middle-East.
Trump's plan to shift US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem is contrary to all UN resolutions & is an attempt to deliberately add to the chaos in the ME. This new Trump move will also undermine the international consensus on how to move forward in resolving the Palestinian conflict.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) December 6, 2017
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021