Dar graft case: Panamagate JIT head's testimony postponed until Feb 12
Judge Mohammad Bashir resumed hearing of the case against Dar regarding possessing assets beyond means after Zia made his maiden appearance in the court as a prosecution witness.
In response, the judge observed that they will ask the registrar of SC one more time to provide the JIT report.
However, the court has again summoned Zia on Feb 12 for recording his statement
Earlier this month, the judge asked the prosecution counsel to bring Zia and investigation officer Nadir Abbas for recording their statements.
The NAB Prosecutor, Imran Shafique, pleaded the court to summon both these witnesses, but Judge Mohammad Bashir refused to issue the summons, stating that it was the duty of NAB to bring them to court as they are its witnesses.
The testimony of the JIT was, earlier, postponed after the NAB asked the court to requisition the relevant material from the Supreme Court before recording Zia’s statement.
Zia had submitted a detailed report to the apex court after interrogating members of Sharif family and others. Afterwards, the court had disqualified Nawaz Sharif as prime minister on July 28, 2017.
According to the NAB reference, the accused had acquired assets and pecuniary interests/resources in his name or in the name of his dependents of an approximate amount of Rs831.678 million as per the investigation conducted so far.
The assets are disproportionate to his known sources of income for which he could not reasonably account for, the reference said.
On September 27, the former finance minister had been indicted for possessing assets beyond his known sources of income.
Dar had rejected the allegations levelled by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in its reference prepared following the orders of the Supreme Court in its July 28 verdict in Panamagate case.
Judge Mohammad Bashir had announced the decision after the former finance minister did not attend the court hearings continuously as he is in London for medical treatment. He has skipped the last six hearings of the case.
- Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with ...01:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM discusses Israeli attacks on Al-Aqsa, Gaza with ...11:22 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Pakistan FM to attend emergency OIC session on Palestine11:13 PM | 14 May, 2021
- COAS Bajwa vows to maintain hard-earned peace in areas along Western ...10:00 PM | 14 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Salman Khan's Radhe creates Bollywood history08:26 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- In Pictures: A look at how Pakistani stars are celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr11:12 AM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021