PM Imran mulls staying at ambassador's residence instead of swish hotels during US tour
The ambassador’s residence is in the heart of Washington’s diplomatic enclave, just off one of the city’s main arteries, Massachusetts Avenue where at least a dozen embassies are located.
The US secret service monitors the security arrangement of visiting dignitaries, however, as the Pakistani premier has to stay in the US for 3 days, his stay at the residence of ambassador might not be possible due to his planned meetings with top US officials.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has been trying to cut down expenses as part of the austerity drive adopted by the government as he stays at a 3-bedroom house instead of the Prime Minister House in Pakistan.
His plan to avoid a five or seven-star hotel in Washington might face difficulties owing to security and logistics, however, a final decision in this regard would be made soon.
Imran Khan's tour to Washington is his first-ever after assuming power. The premier is poised to discuss the Afghan Peace Process along with regional issues with US President, Donald Trump in his trip starting from July 20.
- Two Pakistanis among four Muslims killed in fresh US ‘hate’ ...11:51 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Arshad Nadeem awarded international scholarship for Paris Olympics ...11:36 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred in North Waziristan suicide attack10:23 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif sets new world record09:51 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Sana Javed delights fans with stunning pictures05:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Unstoppable at 79: Amitabh Bachchan all set to star in 'Uunchai'10:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Sonya Hussayn gears up for empowered character in new project09:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022