ECP to announce verdict in violation case against Imran, Hamza today
Hamza Shehbaz had tendered an unconditional apology before the ECP authorities during last hearing of the case. The commission had also reserved the verdict during last.
It is important to mention here that a retuning officer (RO) in Jhelum served notices to Imran and Hamza for running election campaigns for their candidates at a by-poll held at NA-63 Jhelum on August 31 last year.
Later, the ECP summoned Imran Khan and Hamza Shahbaz to appear before it on February 14 and explain why they allegedly campaigned for their party candidates during a by-election in violation of the ECP’s code of conduct.
During hearing on Feb 27, both leaders rejected the allegation of violating the the rules of the ECP.
On April 24, the ECP had reserved a judgment in the case that will be announced today (May 8).
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021