UN chief expresses concerns over Pakistan-India tensions at LoC
UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric, in a media briefing said, “United Nations is keeping a vigil eye on the escalation in tensions at LoC.”
“Ban Ki-moon has appealed Pakistan and India to resolve their all outstanding issues through dialogues,” the spokesman for the world body added.
On Monday, three Pakistani civilians were martyred and five others wounded in Indian shelling across the disputed border with Pakistan in the Himalayan region of Kashmir, Pakistani officials said, as frayed relations between the neighbours swelled.
Tensions erupted in September when 18 Indian soldiers were killed at an army base in Uri, IoK, in an attack Delhi blamed on Pakistan-based militants however, Pakistan gainsaid any such allegations.
Last week, both countries expelled each others' HC staffers and named a number of others as being involved in espionage.
- PSL 7: Quetta Gladiators name Maya Ali, Bilal Ashraf as brand ...03:28 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan approves $11.6mn to compensate Chinese nationals for Dasu ...01:42 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- vivo Y15s with trendy design, gigantic 5000mAh battery launched in ...01:27 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- EU retains ban on Pakistani flights despite ICAO audit12:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas welcome baby girl through surrogacy10:24 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Inside the dreamy reception of TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and ...04:25 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021