PM’s resignation on JUI-F’s demand to end sit-in out of question: Pervaiz Elahi
ISLAMABAD - Speaker of Punjab Assembly Pervaiz Elahi has said the leadership of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government would not resign on demand of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazal (JUI-F) Chief Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman and every other matter can be discussed.
Talking to a private news channel, Punjab Assembly Speaker said that demand of resignation of an elected government is unacceptable and no talk would be made on Prime Minister’s resignation as it is out of the question.
He said there can be negotiation on the strengthening of Election Commission of Pakistan and parliamentary committees.
Pervaiz said that Maulana Fazlur Rehman and he has become opposition leader in the eyes of the public.
Elahi further said that I have told Maulana that gains of Azadi March would be for his face-saving otherwise he would himself lose his repute if system packed.
He said PM Imran Khan is ready to form a commission to investigate rigging allegations, adding to this he expressed hope that multiple meetings would pave way for better results.
- Re-polling in NA-259: initial results show Shahzain Bugti leading07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 2501:12 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019