PM’s resignation on JUI-F’s demand to end sit-in out of question: Pervaiz Elahi
ISLAMABAD - Speaker of Punjab Assembly Pervaiz Elahi has said the leadership of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government would not resign on demand of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazal (JUI-F) Chief Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman and every other matter can be discussed.
Talking to a private news channel, Punjab Assembly Speaker said that demand of resignation of an elected government is unacceptable and no talk would be made on Prime Minister’s resignation as it is out of the question.
He said there can be negotiation on the strengthening of Election Commission of Pakistan and parliamentary committees.
Pervaiz said that Maulana Fazlur Rehman and he has become opposition leader in the eyes of the public.
Elahi further said that I have told Maulana that gains of Azadi March would be for his face-saving otherwise he would himself lose his repute if system packed.
He said PM Imran Khan is ready to form a commission to investigate rigging allegations, adding to this he expressed hope that multiple meetings would pave way for better results.
- Nine Pakistani companies participate in 22nd Intersec Dubai04:57 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019