'Will cross the red zone': JI sets deadline for expelling Myanmar ambassador
He said that a protest demonstration would be held outside the embassy of Myanmar to strongly protest the state-abetted genocide of Muslims in Myanmar.
Addressing the Youth Festival here JI chief Sirajul Haq said that the Myanmar army and security forces are carrying out a systematic genocide of 1.8 million Muslims in Myanmar. If the ambassador of Myanmar is not expelled by tomorrow a protest demonstration will be staged outside the embassy of Myanmar, he added.
“If the government does not expel Myanmar’s ambassador till Friday, our workers will cross the red zone,” he warned.
He said that JI had planned to stage a protest rally outside Myanmar embassy after Friday prayers to show solidarity with Rohingya Muslims, who were fleeing their country. He said that Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal requested him not to cross the red zone.
JI is not the only religious party that is holding the protest against the killings of Rohingya Muslims. Other religious parties including Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl have also planned to hold protest rallies on Friday against the killing of Rohingya Muslims.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021