Police find no evidence against Hamid Mir in Khalid Khwaja's kidnap case
During the last hearing on Friday, the Ramna police presented an investigation report in the additional sessions judge Islamabad Mohammad Jahangir’s court and stated that due to lack of evidence, the case against Hamid Mir was quashed.
Follwing the dismissal of case, the television anchor submitted a request to take back his pre-arrest bail plea in the case which was accepted.
In her petition, Shamama had alleged that Mir along with a Taliban militant, Usman Punjabi, had abducted her spouse from Islamabad who's bullet-riddled body was later found in North Waziristan on April 30, 2010.
Ramna SHO Inspector Irshad Abro confirmed that the case was cancelled and a report in this regard was submitted in court.
Let it be known that as reports swirled regarding the murder of former ISI officer, the seasoned journalist repeatedly denied any involvement in the crime.
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021