Police find no evidence against Hamid Mir in Khalid Khwaja's kidnap case
During the last hearing on Friday, the Ramna police presented an investigation report in the additional sessions judge Islamabad Mohammad Jahangir’s court and stated that due to lack of evidence, the case against Hamid Mir was quashed.
Follwing the dismissal of case, the television anchor submitted a request to take back his pre-arrest bail plea in the case which was accepted.
In her petition, Shamama had alleged that Mir along with a Taliban militant, Usman Punjabi, had abducted her spouse from Islamabad who's bullet-riddled body was later found in North Waziristan on April 30, 2010.
Ramna SHO Inspector Irshad Abro confirmed that the case was cancelled and a report in this regard was submitted in court.
Let it be known that as reports swirled regarding the murder of former ISI officer, the seasoned journalist repeatedly denied any involvement in the crime.
- PIA to operate chartered flights to UK after Pakistan taken off ...11:48 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand set to depart today after abandoning Pakistan tour11:04 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran reiterates aspiration for peace in Afghanistan as region ...10:28 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- ‘Tragic Mistake’ – US acknowledges Kabul drone strike ...09:58 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021