Pakistan's Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman to receive China's highest award
ISLAMABAD – Leading Pakistani scientist Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman will be given Science and Technology Cooperation Award by Chinese President next month.
The International Science and Technology Cooperation Award will be presented on January 7 in recognition of Dr. Rehman's outstanding services in the field of chemistry.
Earlier, this international award has been given to many of the world's leading scientists including Dr. Carlo Rubbia and Dr. Zhores Alferov.
Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman is one of Pakistan's most award-winning and best scientists. He has received four civil awards, including Tamgha-i-Imtiaz, Sitara-i- Imtiaz, Hilal-i- Imtiaz and the highest national award "Nishan-i-Imtiaz".
Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman has more than 1250 international publications, including 341 books in the United States and Europe.
China and Malaysia established major research centers in their name in recognition of their international reputation.
- At least 30 Afghan security personnel killed in suicide car bombing03:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Karachi witnesses coldest November in last 10 years02:57 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Austrian village finally changes name from ‘F***king’ to Fugging01:54 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- OGRA recommends increase in petrol, diesel prices for December01:23 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Mother commits suicide along with 3 children in Rawalpindi12:58 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020