Apple issues fix for 'Spectre' vulnerability
Spectre is one of two security flaws that were discovered in chips last week, which affect numerous devices running Intel and ARM components.
New software updates are available for iOS and macOS devices as well for the Safari browser.
Apple issued an update on the 'Meltdown' vulnerability last week, but you still need to update again to the latest iOS to avoid the numerous security gaps that affect every modern computer and smartphone chip.
Users with eligible devices should find the update in their phone's settings in General, then Software Update.
In a statement on its blog, Apple recommended iOS and Mac users to refrain from downloading applications outside of the Apple App Store, as the real threat of Spectre and Meltdown comes when users install malicious applications.
Although no hackers have yet taken advantage of the Spectre vulnerability, it's being described as one of the worst hardware security flaws ever found.
- Aima Baig trolled for playing 'religion card' after cheating ...10:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Swedish scientist wins Nobel Prize for medicine over DNA work10:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Vaneeza Ahmed criticises Ayeza Khan’s social media presence10:05 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Women’s T20 Asia Cup: Pakistan beat Bangladesh by 9 wickets09:18 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new clicks05:00 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Sana Fakhar's workout video takes the internet by storm08:20 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022