Submit contracts' details or face the music: NAB chief to public entities
The anti-graft watchdog chief stated this while taking notice of public entities' failure to provide details of contracts, including procurement and tenders, at a high-level meeting in Islamabad.
He directed all director general of NAB to ensure submission of the details by these entities, adding that legal action will be taken against official concerned of public entities for not submitting the details.
During the meeting, Iqbal reviewed progress on complaints received since he held the office on October 11, 2017. He expressed satisfaction over the performance of the department and directed Operation Division and Prosecution Division to conclude all inquiries and investigations on solid evidence.
He said that policy of accountability for all was being strictly implementing, adding that corrupt elements will be dealt with iron hands.
He called on NAB officers to perform their duties within the legal limits, ensuring transparency and merit while probing the cases.
- Jazz secures Telecom sector’s largest credit facility, fully ...07:58 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- #PresidentAlvi for transparency in #recruitment process of #FPSC07:24 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Tarin chairs meeting of Cabinet Committee on Privatization07:05 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Enhanced Pak-Turkey cooperation will have positive impact on regional ...06:43 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- ‘I don’t have a big belly,’ Abdul Qavi responds to his viral ...04:30 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah addresses the backlash over her criticism directed at ...03:42 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021