SC takes up 'fake degree' case of DG NAB Lahore
A three-member bench would hear the case on November 12 on a petition filed by a citizen amid concerns that the official had secured a 'fake' degree.
Earlier during a TV show on Thursday, it was alleged that the official did not obtain No Objection Certificate (NOC) from his department before applying for the degree.
Meanwhile, on Friday, opposition parties heaped scorn on the NAB official for conducting a media trial of politicians and submitted a privilege motion in the National Assembly.
PML-N leader Marriyum Aurangzeb said the PPP had “joined the privilege motion moved by PML-N in writing”. She added that the rest of the opposition parties had also supported the motion, signed by Leader of Opposition in the National Assembly, Shahbaz Sharif.
The motion stated that DG NAB Lahore Saleem Shahzad had given interviews to multiple news channels “with the consent” of the NAB chairman. The NAB Lahore DG “provided details of the matters that are sub-judice” and “maligned the reputation” of opposition members in the National Assembly, the motion said.
- Pakistan greenlights Sinopharm, Sputnik-V vaccines for over-60s11:55 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Porto Montenegro’s BOKA Place – A Pioneering Urban-Inspired ...11:36 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- UBL selects PTCL for Primary Tier-3 Data Center Hosting11:02 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 52 new deaths from COVID-19 in last 24 hours10:37 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Sana Javed wins Best Actress award for Ruswai09:24 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Hania Amir slammed for preaching self love with an Instagram filter10:20 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Humaima Malick hopes to wear a hijab for the rest of her life09:54 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021