Former US foreign secretary 'compelled' Benazir to return to Pakistan, says Musharraf
In an interview the former president went on to say that recent statement of US journalist Mark Siegel in the anti-terrorism court (ATC) was completely false and baseless. I never contacted Benazir while she was in United States, Siegel's claims in this regard are dishonest, he added.
He further said Mark Siegel is a business partner of PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari and he is a paid lobbyist.
When asked about the incumbent Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, Musharraf said the COAS has earned remarkable reputation among people of Pakistan. The common has accepted Raheel Sharif as a ray of hope for Pakistan, he said.
While commenting about the performance of current PML-N government the former army chief said that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif should quit politics for some time and focus on good governance for the sake of Pakistan.
- Pakistan reports 3,119 daily COVID-19 cases, positivity rate hits ...10:35 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan Army pays tribute to Major Muhammad Akram Shaheed on his ...09:11 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:23 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 05 December 202008:14 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020