Railways increases fares to contribute Rs100m annually to dams fund
“Fares have been raised for the sole purpose of donating Rs100 million yearly to the PM-CJ Diamer-Bhasha and Mohmand Dams Fund,” said the railways minister while addressing a press conference at the Pakistan Railways Headquarters.
“On Rs100 ticket the ministry will charge Re1 extra and Rs2 on more than Rs100 ticket. For air-conditioned sleeper coaches, the fare will be increased up to Rs10,” the minister said.
The federal minister expressed that two committees have been formed to maximize the performance, adding that railways project under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) would be re-evaluated by an evaluation committee of the department.
- Islamabad's red zone sealed as PTI all set for 'final showdown' in ...09:18 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:40 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 26 November 202208:21 AM | 26 Nov, 2022
- 6th Sheheryar Malik Memorial Pakistan Open Tennis: Rashid Malik lifts ...11:59 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Hina Altaf reveals why she married Agha Ali10:46 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- What's cooking between Ramsha Khan and Ahad Raza Mir?08:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022