Pakistan at 10th position in world apple production
According to a private news channel report, Pakistan, with production of 1.495 million tonnes production of apple, stands at number 10 in global rankings whereas overall trade of apple has surpassed 6.5 million tonnes.
Analysts believe Pakistan can earn foreign exchange reserve by capturing soaring global apple market.
Analysts urge government to facilitate farmers with provision of latest technology in this field and by discovering new markets.
Spokesperson of Apple Growers and Exporters Association said demand for Pakistani apple is surging in the international market. He disclosed that with adoption of modern techniques in farming, apple production can be increased by 2 tonnes per acre and country can earn Rs.30 billion additional income.
He said France, Belgium, Chile, Netherlands and United States are countries that top list in apple production. – APP
- Pakistan logs 1,239 new Covid-19 cases, 56 deaths in past 24 hours10:00 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 13 June 202109:17 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 13 June 202108:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Iranian-American arrested for entering Pakistan on fake documents05:13 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021