Indian authorities arrest two Al Qaeda-linked 'terrorists'
NEW DELHI - Indian authorities have arrested two alleged al Qaeda linked militants in Delhi in different joint operations of central agencies, Indian media reported.
One of the two, identified as Syed Mohammed Zishan Ali, was arrested by the Delhi Police from the Delhi airport after being brought back from Saudi Arabia. According to Hindustan Times, Ali was wanted by the Indian agencies for more than a year.
Ali and his brother Syed Mohammed Arshiyan were allegedly operating from Saudi Arabia. Ali is married to the sister of Sabeel Ahmed, a cousin of the 2007 Glasgow International Airport (UK) attack mastermind Kafeel Ahmed.
In another operation, 25-year-old Raza Ul Ahmed was arrested who is involved in a fake currency racket. He is a member of Ansar Bangla - Bangladesh based terror outfit - which has an affiliation with al-Qaeda.
Ahmed has been handed over to the West Bengal police, which had filed a case against him.
Ansar Bangla is said to be involved in the hacking of atheists in Bangladesh. Indian police have claimed that many members of the terror outfit have sneaked into India using forged documents.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020