Imran Khan to take oath as prime minister on Aug 18
Javed took to the microblogging site and announced the date, which has been changed many times owing to the power struggle, that is still underway at the federal and provincial level.
Imran Khan to take oath as Prime Minister of Islamic Republic of Pakistan on the 18th Aug 2018 inshALLAH— Faisal Javed Khan (@FaisalJavedKhan) August 10, 2018
Revealing the details about the much-awaited ceremony, the politician expressed that celebrities from India including Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev and Sidhu have been invited to the event.
Cricket legends from India and Kaptaan's old friends Kapil Dev, Sidhu and Sunil Gavaskar have been invited to attend Oath Taking Ceremony of Pakistan's PM Imran Khan @sherryontopp @therealkapildev @36notout— Faisal Javed Khan (@FaisalJavedKhan) August 10, 2018
PTI chairman Imran Khan, whose party secured 116 general seats in the National Assembly in the July 25 polls, is set to become the country’s next prime minister by securing the support of independents and other political forces.
In this regard, President Mamnoon Hussain has summoned a session of the National Assembly on August 13 during which newly-elected members will take oath of their office. Elections for the speaker, deputy speaker and the leader of the House will take place after the MNAs-elect take oath.
Earlier, President Mamnoon Hussain decided to postpone his foreign trip in order to administer oath to the next prime minister.
President Mamnoon was scheduled to visit Edinburgh from August 16 to August 19.
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- GSV overwhelmed by PFL franchise bids from around the world05:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Hareem Shah unveils the face of her lover in latest post04:15 PM | 20 Sep, 2021