Ghilaf-e-Kaaba changing ceremony held in Makkah
The covering cloth of the Kaaba, known as Kiswa, is changed on 9th Zilhaj every year on the day of Arafat. The Kiswah, a heavy silk cloth embroidered with verses of the Holy Quran in golden embroidery.
The new Ghilaf has been prepared at a cost of seven million Saudi Riyal. While six hundred seventy kilogram pure silk, 120 kilogram gold and one hundred kilogram silver have been used in it.
It is the day pilgrims leave for the plains of Mount Arafat during the Hajj, a private news channel reported.
The pilgrims started heading towards Arafat after Fajr prayers where they would listen to Hajj sermon to be delivered from Masjid-e-Nimra.
They would stay at Arafat till the call for Maghrib prayer. After Azaan-e-Maghrib, the pilgrims will leave for Muzdalfa where they would offer Maghrib and Isha prayers at a time and would spend the night in the open sky.
Saudi authorities have mobilized vast resources to successfully manage Hajj pilgrimage.
- Rescue 1122 bike service expanded across Punjab09:13 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- London-bound flight makes emergency landing in Islamabad08:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, China agree on early launch of much-awaited ML-1 project08:26 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan tests Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drone in latest air exercise07:49 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Will Hareem Shah be arrested on arrival in Pakistan?06:40 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- 'Gangster Paradise' rapper Coolio dies at 5905:21 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022