Czech woman held at Lahore airport for smuggling heroin
LAHORE - A 21-year-old Czech Republic national woman was apprehended at Lahore airport for allegedly smuggling nine kilogrammes of heroin on Wednesday.
Pakistan Customs officials arrested the woman, identified as Tereza Hluskova, at Allama Iqbal International Airport when she was trying to smuggle the drugs from Lahore to Abu Dhabi.
According to media reports, the woman was staying in Pakistan for three months on a visit visa, which was issued to her on Nov 15.
The customs officials refused to hand over the alleged smuggler to Anti-Narcotics Force and shifted her to customs house for interrogation.
Reports say the woman was arrested by customs after she managed to pass through the two checking counters of the ANF.
Countrywide raids are being conducted in the light of the revelations made by the arrested woman during the interrogation.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England in yet another nail-biting thriller11:16 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Srha Asghar and husband announce pregnancy08:21 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022