Czech woman held at Lahore airport for smuggling heroin
LAHORE - A 21-year-old Czech Republic national woman was apprehended at Lahore airport for allegedly smuggling nine kilogrammes of heroin on Wednesday.
Pakistan Customs officials arrested the woman, identified as Tereza Hluskova, at Allama Iqbal International Airport when she was trying to smuggle the drugs from Lahore to Abu Dhabi.
According to media reports, the woman was staying in Pakistan for three months on a visit visa, which was issued to her on Nov 15.
The customs officials refused to hand over the alleged smuggler to Anti-Narcotics Force and shifted her to customs house for interrogation.
Reports say the woman was arrested by customs after she managed to pass through the two checking counters of the ANF.
Countrywide raids are being conducted in the light of the revelations made by the arrested woman during the interrogation.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020