Two foreigners in Chitral to hunt Markhor, Ibex
According to Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) Wildlife Muhammad Hussain, the foreigner hunters having proper hunting trophy and shooting license have been searching for suitable prey for the last three days.
Christopher from USA has paid an amount of US$92000 to hunt Markhor (Capra Falconeri) – Pakistan’s national animal - and Rs10,000 for shooting license while Switzerland’s Stacky has paid Rs145,000 to hunt an an Ibex and Rs10,000 for the shooting license.
There is no permission for legal hunting in Chitral Goal National Park. But social and political circle of Chitral have demanded of the goverment for allowing hunting trophy license in buffer areas of Chitral goal national park because the aged and ailing Markhors are already dying without any hunting or benefiting local communities.
The wildlife officer said that if the government allows legal hunting in buffer areas in surrounding of Chitral goal national park for hunting of aged, ailing and weak Markhors who are already dying, it will be best both for public and government.
Ban on Markhor hunting in Chitral demanded 03:45 PM | 7 Jan, 2019
CHITRAL - The residents of Chitral here on Monday have demanded that government should take solid measure for the ...
Markhor is protected by local and international laws such as the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (Cites).
In a Feb 2018 brief to a parliamentary committee, the Ministry of Climate Change said that the trophy hunting of markhor in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Gilgit-Baltistan, Balochistan and Azad Kashmir was a success story in Pakistan, as local communities conserve the animal and international hunters pay large sums for obtaining shooting licences.
The Gilgit-Baltistan Wildlife Department in Oct 2018 auctioned hunting permits for 18 rare species under the trophy hunting programme 2018 and 2019. The licences for trophy hunting included four Astore markhor, 14 blue sheep and 95 ibex.
- Pakistan team leaves for Neatherlands for ODI series tonight02:12 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Independence Day Punjab Junior Tennis starts today01:41 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- ‘Run for Pakistan’ returns to celebrate 75th Independence Day01:28 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz likely to meet Indian counterpart Modi in Uzbekistan next ...01:25 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Introducing Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 and Galaxy Z Fold4: The Most ...12:58 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Sophia Mirza: robbery in Dubai, money-laundering, car theft, ...10:26 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Viral young couple Nimra and Asad blessed with first child (VIDEO)10:16 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill reacts to reports of removal from Salman Khan's film12:21 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022