SCO Summit 2018: President Mamnoon Hussain, PM Narendra Modi shake hands in China
BEIJING - Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Narendra Modi shook hands during Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit in Quindao on Saturday.
The two leaders met after signing of agreements between the members states of the eight nation bloc.
Leaders of the eight member states and four observer states, as well as heads of international organisations are attending the summit, meant to explore ways to increase cooperation in the fight against terrorism, extremism and radicalization - among discussing other issues of global relevance.
Pakistan accused India of killings of hundreds of Kashmiri people and firing on border posts in Kashmir and neighbouring Punjab province.
The picturesque Himalayan territory of Kashmir is divided between India and Pakistan by the UN-monitored LoC, but is claimed in full by both countries.
They had only just resumed after a three-year hiatus sparked by the 2008 attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people. India blamed Pakistani militants for the attack.
More than a dozen armed groups have been fighting Indian forces since 1989, demanding independence for Kashmir or its merger with Pakistan.
India and Pakistan have fought three wars since their independence from Britain in 1947, two of them over Kashmir.
- vivo’s Three Years of Smartphone Innovation & Setting Trends in ...06:01 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtar's short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020