COAS Gen Bajwa, Afghan leadership discuss Afghanistan peace process
KABUL - Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa held one-on-one meetings with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani and Chairman High Council for National Reconciliation Dr Abdullah Abdullah during his visit to Kabul.
According to media reports, both sides discussed current developments in Afghan peace process and necessary steps to be undertaken to facilitate an Afghan led and Afghan owned peace process.
Issues related to facilitation of trade and connectivity also came under discussion.
The two sides agreed that a dignified and time bound return of Afghan refugees from Pakistan is key towards normalcy.
President Ashraf Ghani expressed his appreciation for the Prime Minister Imran Khan for opening of Torkham and Chaman borders for allowing Afghan transit goods and facilitating Afghans to return to Afghanistan by land and air routes.
The Afghan President was also appreciative of the role being played by Pakistan for Afghan peace process, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The Army Chief was accompanied by Prime Minister's special representative for Afghanistan Affairs Mohammad Sadiq.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020