Pakistan urges Int’l community to protect Kashmiris particularly children in Occupied Kashmir
NEW YORK - Pakistan 's Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN), Maleeha Lodhi while drawing the attention of the world community to the grim reality being faced by children in Indian occupied Kashmir has fervently called on the world community and the UNICEF to come to their aid.
Addressing the Third Committee that deals with social, humanitarian and cultural matters at UN General Assembly, she said it is time for the international community to act by demanding that India should fulfil its obligations to protect and safeguard children in the occupied territory.
She said a large number of children have been picked up in night-time raids by occupation forces since India’s illegal annexation of occupied Kashmir on 5th of August, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Maleeha Lodhi said the life of Kashmiri people under this brutal occupation is tantamount to live in an armed cage in the silence of a graveyard.
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019