PML-N moves ECP against PTI’s 'foreign funding'
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on Thursday moved an application to Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) requesting it for scrutiny of foreign funding to the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf.
“We will move a separate case against PTI’s foreign funding,” PML-N Shahnawaz Ranjha said earlier today, adding his party would not become party to the case lodged by PTI’s former member Akbar S Babar
Also on Thursday, the Election Commission turned down four petitions of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf through which they pleaded the commission not to open up the details of foreign funding to the public, and directed the committee investigating foreign funding to continue its investigation.
The Commission also directed the stakeholders to appear before the committee on Oct 14.
ECP is already seized with the petition of PTI’s former leader Akbar S Babar, who alleged that PTI secured billions of rupees funding through illegal means and the huge money was deposited into the account of PTI’s members.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019