PML-N moves ECP against PTI’s 'foreign funding'
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on Thursday moved an application to Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) requesting it for scrutiny of foreign funding to the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf.
“We will move a separate case against PTI’s foreign funding,” PML-N Shahnawaz Ranjha said earlier today, adding his party would not become party to the case lodged by PTI’s former member Akbar S Babar
Also on Thursday, the Election Commission turned down four petitions of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf through which they pleaded the commission not to open up the details of foreign funding to the public, and directed the committee investigating foreign funding to continue its investigation.
The Commission also directed the stakeholders to appear before the committee on Oct 14.
ECP is already seized with the petition of PTI’s former leader Akbar S Babar, who alleged that PTI secured billions of rupees funding through illegal means and the huge money was deposited into the account of PTI’s members.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020