Day 64: One more Kashmiri martyred, death toll rises to 93
The 47-year-old civilian, Abdul Qayoom, who was working with Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution (CAPD) department as a driver on contract basis, succumbed to his injuries at Soura Institute of Medical Sciences in Srinagar.
The family members of Abdul Qayoom said that he was beaten to pulp by the troops of paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) at Gooripora locality in Hyderpora area of Srinagar where he had gone to attend a function at his in-laws on Friday.
His brother-in-law Irshad Ahmad told media that Abdul Qayoom had come from his residence in Aali Kadal in old Srinagar to attend the function at Gooripora. “He went to market to buy some essentials where he was beaten mercilessly by CRPF men at 8.30 am,” said Irshad, who was at Soura hospital when doctors declared Qayoom dead at around 10 pm.
Besides these killings, more than 11,500 people have been injured so far due to the firing of bullets, pellets, and teargas shells on the protesters during the period.
It is to mention here that over 150 people sustained injuries due to the use of brute force by Indian police and troops on peaceful demonstrations across the Kashmir Valley.
- Javed Afridi meets PM Imran to discuss of foreign direct investment ...11:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- NAB summons Fazlur Rehman’s son-in-law to declare assets10:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa congratulates Nepalese climbers for first winter ascent of ...09:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- A paper tiger? PML-N's Rana Sanaullah 'roars' at Lahore court (VIDEO)08:22 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi declared 'a mental patient' amid Hareem Shah ...08:00 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021