Pakistan urges UN chief to urgently take steps to deal with worsening situation in IoK
NEW YORK – Pakistan 's permanent representative at the United Nations Dr. Maleeha Lodhi has urged UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres to urgently take steps to deal with the worsening situation in Indian occupied Kashmir .
In a tweet, she said she met the UN Secretary General and told him that the grave political and humanitarian crisis, which unfolded after India 's illegal annexation of occupied Jammu and Kashmir last month, poses a threat to international peace and security.
In my meeting with UN SG Antonio Guterres I told him that the grave political & humanitarian crisis, which has unfolded after India's illegal annexation of occupied Jammu & Kashmir last month, poses a threat to international peace and security pic.twitter.com/etbbfHRBDD— Maleeha Lodhi (@LodhiMaleeha) September 10, 2019
Dr Maleeha Lodhi said a political and human rights crisis is raging in occupied Kashmir with a round the clock curfew and lockdown having entered the 36th day.
PM Imran calls upon UNHRC to set up independent ... 10:32 AM | 10 Sep, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has called upon the UN Human Rights Council to immediately set up an ...
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019