China nominates Nong Rong as new ambassador to Pakistan
BEIJING - China has nominated Nong Rong as a new ambassador to Pakistan who is currently a minister in a provincial government.
According to media reports, the newly nominated ambassador is a political appointee, having expertise in trade and commerce.
However, Chinese Ambassador for Pakistan Yao Jing has been transferred back to headquarters in Beijing for the next posting just two months before completing his three-year tenure.
Unlike the outgoing ambassador, he didn’t serve in Pakistan before the appointment.
Ambassador Yao Jing has served in Pakistan thrice in various capacities during his stay in Islamabad for eleven years.
- PSX in free fall as Shehbaz’s arrest brings political situation to ...11:44 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani MP demands treason cases against opposition members over ...11:28 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- ADB approves $300 million loan to develop capital markets in Pakistan10:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Gilgit-Baltistan to get status of Pakistan’s provisional province09:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- 'Cannot suppress us by clever tactics,' Nawaz Sharif tells govt after ...09:15 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Adnan Sidiqqui pens an emotional note for his daughters02:53 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- ZEE5 Global unveils the first look of new Zindagi Original ‘Ek ...02:25 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar share the most adorable selfie with ...01:38 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020